Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday March 27 – The Swimmer

Ray and I were up at our usual time, showered, and had a leisurely breakfast. We had a mission. My swim suit had totally submitted to the chlorine attack of Tuesday, and we all went off in search of the “competitive” swim shop in Waterlooville that the people at the community pool in Havant had told us about. Mmmm, I felt quite elated that they felt I should be sent to a “competitive” swim shop!! I found a “speedo”, and then we went back home for lunch. After lunch Ray and I took our leave from Jacky and John’s and headed off in the direction of Wokingham about1 ½ hrs away.

We arrived in time for Ray’s son Toby and Ray to have a quick pint at the local pub before the three of us went over to pick up Annabelle from pre-school. It was really cute. Annabelle, 3 ½ yrs was actually wiggling in her car seat she was so excited to see Ray and I. Sebastien who is 10 months old, gave us welcoming smiles and eagerly climbed into our arms for cuddles as if he had known us since he was born instead of only a few minutes.

Toby barbecued some delicious lamb-burgers for supper, and I was struck by the fact that he loves to barbecue and does so in all weathers…..much as Ray does in Canada!

No comments: