Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Retirement


My decision to retire was made with a bundle of emotions. Sadness at leaving the very many people in the legal profession that I deal with on a regular basis. Delight at knowing that I will be able to do the things I want to do when (or nearly when) I want to do them. Scary feelings at how I will emotionally handle not having a million and one things to do “right now”. Apprehension at the new person I will discover in myself when I am no longer a national director in a law firm with offices in 10 cities in Canada, corporate paralegal, association committee member, etc. etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz and Ray,

I have never met two more Spirited people.

I read all the entries with excitment and envy all at the same time...It was like reading a novel, I loved it.

I applaude your courage to embark on this amazing quest...you are my heros. Andrew and I want to be like you guys when we grow up!

I'm sure this decision did not come easy but is a one in a lifetime opportunity, how could you deny. I will think of you as you ride this big yellow truck into new and unchartered territories in your lives.

Take good care of yourselves, I will say a prayer for your journey and that your eyes be opened to see things never seen before .
God Speed!


Love your friend,
Suzette