Sunday, February 11, 2007

Countdown


There are now 5 sleeps before departure, and the excitement of our trip to South America is building as our group exchanges introductory e-mails across the miles, some from England, Zimbabwe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and ourselves from Canada. The London group have already met over a few beers - but the rest of us are waiting with anticipation to meet our fellow travellers. We've been saying good-byes to our friends, both old and new - and look forward to seeing everyone again in June! Good luck with the puppies, Sam!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and happy trails! I'm settled in my armchair, awaiting posts to your blog!

Anonymous said...

Ray and Liz:

As I grow older, I am finding it increasingly difficult to see past the hardships to the adventure of anything more ambitious than my ordinary day-to-day existence. Thanks for the inspiration.

I have fond memories from my childhood of sitting with my father in a darkened room, slowly turning the dial of a shortwave radio, listening to the sounds of the universe, and watching the green tuning eye change as we hunted for new stations. We always seemed to find the station in Quito, Equador. I used to wonder what it was like to be high in the Andes, on the Equator, listening to the colourful music that the station played. Hopefully, you will have time to describe it at the end of your expedition.

Randall.

Unknown said...

Ray and Liz

We are so very excited for you both. Most people talk about their dreams, but don't have the courage to follow them. I found this quote that I thought was very appropriate:

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

I will keep in touch with more inspirational quotes to help keep you going through your travel.
Live, love and laugh often.
Take it all in and enjoy.

Bon Voyage!
Jodi and Troy