Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Wednesday February 10 - Melt Down – Travel Arrangements

I’ve been pretty even keeled to this point, but today it got ugly. I was looking on my computer for accommodation in Perth. Simple you might say. Yes, it should have been. But….I was getting really confused about where we should be staying – downtown Perth, Perth near the airport, or Perth by the beach! Then Jim suggested if it was him, he would stay in Freemantle….so I logged out of the myriad Perth accommodation sites, and logged on to the Freemantle sites. Now I know why I wanted all this done by an agent. It takes time….tons of time….to sift through the various web sites such as Wotif, Expedia, Booking .com, Airbnb, Trip Advisor, Trivago, etc. etc. etc. until confusion sets in and you don’t know what you want…or maybe even where you want it. 

Suzie came in and said immediately “you need a break” which I took. We went out for a stroll and a coffee and a sandwich, and came back fully refereshed. Before we left for the stroll, I had sent an email enquiry to someone in Freemantle. When we got back from lunch they had responded. Looked pretty good. Two minutes to the beach. Free bus in day light hours, quiet, and close to shops and cafes. Perfect. So I forwarded it to Ray for the OK and then wrote back and said to book it.


Sue and Jim went to the Opera tonight at the Opera House. They wanted us to come too, and I know it would be lovely, but I just needed a quiet evening to wind down….and Ray of course is not interested in Opera. So we got some pork sausages from the butcher and had them with salad and a sweet potato and mushrooms. It was delicious. So feeling that we were narrowing things down with our travel arrangements, we went off to bed early, and here I am writing my blog at 11:48 p.m.  I am way behind…..but I’ll get it done….so stay tuned!!

No comments: