Friday, June 29, 2018

London to Vancouver - Back Home to Canada


Thursday June 28
We were up around 6:00 a.m., had breakfast, and caught the shuttle bus over to Gatwick Airport for our 9 ½ hr Air Transat flight to Vancouver. Everything moved perfectly. We checked in, went through security, sat in the lounge waiting for the plane, which loaded on time. We had a smooth flight, and the usual quality of airplane food! I watched two films: “Goodbye Christopher Robbin,” and the 1998 movie “You’ve Got Mail.” I enjoyed both.

We landed in Vancouver just before noon; Alanna picked us up; and we were home by around 4:00 p.m. I am looking forward to a good night’s sleep in my own bed.

I’ll do a “summary” of the trip in a few days, when I have had a few days to reflect on our experiences.

Meanwhile, here is a picture taken in Squamish by someone in our neighbourhood!!



No comments: