Friday, May 18, 2018

Hunton Bridge, Herts


Wednesday May 16
This was an amazing day! Katie wandered over from The Station around 10:30. We had some tea and chatted, and then set off for Kings Lynn. Today I was meeting with my 4 room-mates from 1967/1968. Can you believe we are still in touch? We found that incredibly special!!
Ray and I set up our app “Waze” with the address and set of. There was really only one glitch in the directions, which we realized and were able to quickly resolve. We arrived at the same time as Charlotte.

It was a lovely day. We chatted about our current lives and what had happened since we last met….well …first of all we had to decide when it was that we last met!! And, we chatted about our time in the “Foreign Office” and all the escapades, and responsibilities, etc. that we had. Of course, it hasn’t all been smooth since then, and we talked about that as well. We had all met periodically before, but never all of us together. We have all appeared to make it to this point with a positive attitude. I was thrilled when Prue’s husband told me he had had a horse and loved riding and had been a point to point racer!! So many special nuggets of information I never knew!!
I feel so much gratitude that we are all able to have this connection to our past life joined to our present life.

And we discovered how we remembered things differently. I recalled the story when Prue stuck her head in the gas oven when she was lighting it, and of course it exploded. My story is that I heard her scream and ran from the other end of the flat to see what was up. I saw flames (small flames) coming out of her hair and immediately clapped my hands on her head to put them out. She was alarmed at the hair falling over her face as her eyebrows and some of her hair were singed. To me, it was pretty spectacular! I was concerned for her!! She says, she remembers her eyebrows being singed, but didn’t think it was all as dramatic as I remembered!! 

Prue showed us over her old house full of nooks and crannies that only old English homes can provide. We saw the garden with its beautiful flowers, and came to the conclusion this is a wonderful time to visit England for the flowers.

Prue cooked an amazing meal and we filled up with food, comradarieship, and a sense of belonging. 

We left late afternoon, and arrived back here in West By-Fleet around 7:00. We had a light dinner at Katie’s hotel “The Station” and the Ray and I walked the 200 metres back to our rental home.
Did I mention that the WiFi hasn’t been working since we arrived! It has been a real bummer. Especially as the "Three" sim card I got hasn’t really performed that well either!

From left to right: Peter, Prue, Charlotte, Liz, Katie


No comments: